Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram Join our Discord
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries
    Murphy's laws of Combat operations.
    Number : 96. Never be the first , Never be the last and never volunteer for anything.
    So with that said I volunteer..
    Welcome to the other side of hell.

Affiliations:
    Shosa of the Motoko Brigade
    Leader of Our Divine Motoko's Eclipsers.

Blog Entries
    Congrats Balmung.

The first thing to do is LART the spammers. Then figure out what new series will get its own subforum or who will volunteer for recruiter duty

Then you need to do is to reactive the bank and shop. That way we can give away points to new members who are recruited.

Also, if you want to knight me too, that's fine. But eventually you got to de-knight randompanzy (who hasn't been on in years) Sirax (not sure what he's been doing lately)
    Last edited by BobCat; 25 May 2013 at 5:06 pm.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoshi Shinomori View Post
    This isn't an Empire or a Republic, we don't need a system of government.
    I see what you did thar.
    Last edited by Balmung; 30 Jan 2015 at 3:33 am.
    Gi-sei
    You'll laugh at your fears when you find out who you really are

Quote Originally Posted by Ryo Misaki View Post
    I think only Bal's truly neutral.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miroku View Post
    ".....Ye, though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I shall fear no Evil.... for I am the meanest Son-of-a-bitch in the Valley!"

Blog Entries
    So, now we got a new admin, Aoshi. OK, so what's the plan?

Have we figured out what Animeb's niche is? Or are we just a small group of people with a common past?

We should have a meeting. all the animeb survivors... what Instant chat service do u use these days?

Blog Entries
    I'm on several ones. yahoo, aol, msn....

msn? really bobcat?
    I think maybe a whatsapp group? but I only have momoyome :s

Blog Entries
    Yup, I'm old school I'll sign up for something newer XD

Just let me know what day/time and what kind of things, I'll come on in. I don't guarantee I'll shave

King Awesomely Awesomeness Aniki's Avatar
    While I'm somewhat fond of (most) of the memories we've shared here on Animeb, I think that if we're looking to expand to grow, we might need to start fresh. I'm not saying trash the place, but it might be best to move it to some sort of archive and really consider changing the structure of the site to cater to the discussion of new anime.

I don't want to be THAT guy, but what exactly is the situation regarding downloads?
    I know a lot of the big anime sites are actually for downloading anime, music, photos, etc., and while their forums aren't the the main attraction, they get plenty of activity.
    I'm not well versed in the legalities regarding that but I want to make sure all the questions have been asked and answered.
    Should remember what happened the last time Balmung had the power to change my name.
    ^Buttface

You mean direct download? like mega, turbobit, and those kind of mirrors?
    I don't have the space to host those files and well we are hosted at USA and we have the copyright thingy but if the file is at another server there is not too much troubles. Are you an uploader aniki?

I think we can do that

No no, direct downloads is way too much of a hassle of course.
    But directing to other sites is an idea along with the ever popular torrents.
    I'm not much of an uploader but I tend to download plenty of anime and music through torrents and am an avid seeder.

I think it's worth considering torrents and mirrors for anime, music etc. If we were to provide access to some of the newer anime along with music, photos and all that, it could bring in some people. From there it's simply a matter of providing a place for conversation (the forums obviously).

Just some food for thought.
    Should remember what happened the last time Balmung had the power to change my name.
    ^Buttface

Blog Entries
    Thood Fought is good I agree.

But I'm all for cleaning things up, cuz jesus. We have things that go so far back @_@ I love the memories, I sat back one night with Aoshi and just enjoyed reading old Animeb Threads.
    Gi-sei

".....Ye, though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I shall fear no Evil.... for I am the meanest Son-of-a-bitch in the Valley!"

That's what I'm saying, we have such a large history and it feels like that's ALL we have.
    The new kids don't want to talk about the anime we watched 10 years ago, they want to talk about who the best potential couple in whatever anime they're watching now is and we need to give them a place to talk about that.

See, this is what I think: First we need to establish what kind of site this is going to be. Do we want to be purely forum based? Do we want to consider downloads/torrents? Do we want to be a hybrid forum for anime and gaming?
    Second, we have to find a way to bring in the people. If we go for "forum only" then it'll be a challenge to raise awareness. If we DO end up going the downloads route then I would think (and hope) that people would find their own way here just by searching for anime to download.

Personally I'm in favor of figuring out a way to offer torrents, it's an easy way to lure in people without the need to go and force them to come here. The question is, what do you guys want to do?
    ^Buttface

Blog Entries
    Yes, torrents are a great idea.

One issue: in order to offer torrents, we need a group of volunteers to seed them. That opens up a privacy issue (hey so-and-so, can you seed [anime name]?)

We also should have torrents for the Love Hina games (we really never got into some of the games like Love Hina Smile Again and Love Hina Engagement Happening) - that way we can relive the memories of the one series that brought everyone together.

I'm just on facebook now a days really

I think a lot of us are. Maybe it'd be a good way to kick start our discussions again. I know there are plenty of "Facebook forums" around, maybe we could do the same thing. Talk about some new anime we like or games we're playing, act like old men while complaining about how the older anime is superior to the new, or we could just catch up on old times like normal people.
    ^Buttface

Blog Entries
    I say let us move this conversation to another topic, as I think we've moved past the original intention of this thread. Please feel free to start said new thread, as I'm interested in hearing more from the both of you. In the meantime--

"This Farce is Over!"

Thread Closed
    Gi-sei

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information